RED ROOM – 2.5 to 3 Years
The Red Room uses five learning centers in the room to focus on helping your child to grow. Play is very, very important! Each center promotes socializing, sharing, and builds self-help skills. Following directions and developing friendships are our main goals.The five learning centers are:
- Dramatic Play – promotes creative imagination, manners, and social skills
- Manipulatives – builds eye-hand coordination and decision-making skills
- Active – builds eye-hand coordination and decision-making skills
- Discovery – allows experimentation with different textures, such as water, sand, and other science-like activities
- Reading – involves individual and group time, encourages children to enjoy storybooks and handle them with care
Circle Time is a very important start to our day. We talk about and work on various concepts including time, calendar, weather, letters, numbers, and shapes.
Your child will also enjoy art projects geared to our weekly theme, as well as attending music classes daily. Spanish and sign language is offered in this room.
Welcome to the Red Room!