ORANGE ROOM – Pre-K 4-5 Years
Welcome to the Orange Room Pre-K program! We are eager to help your child grow through our program! We believe that parental involvement in your child’s school is very important. We welcome volunteering during the school year and there will be plenty of opportunities. Your child will probably inform you of everything that goes on at school. Spend time talking about school with your child and ask them about what they have done all day. If they feel you are interested about what they are learning, they will discuss more with you and will look forward to school each day.
We have new ideas and activities planned for this year. It is important that you keep up with all the notes and letters sent home. Please be sure to check your child’s cubby each night for information.
- The Science Center will be hands on learning through growing things, exploring, and experiments
- The Math Center will be hands on learning through identifying numbers, sequencing, classifying, shapes, and puzzles
- The Reading/Listening Center will be equipped with books and cassettes
- The Community Center will be hands on learning where the children will create their own community and learn about their community environment
- The Computer Center will be hands on learning with a variety of educational software. We have two computers in the classroom that the children have access to.
- Calendar Time is learning days of the week, and months of the year.
- Circle Time involves our good morning song to start out our day, and introduction of our learning concepts for the day.
- Daily Journal Writing
- Scholastic Program
- Sign Language
- Extra Clothing (labeled and in zip lock bag)
- 2 bottles of 4 oz. Elmer’s glue
- 1 box 24 color crayons
- 1 box washable markers
- 2 boxes of Kleenex
- 1 plastic school box
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 four pack of play dough
- 4 glue sticks
- 2 pink jumbo erasers
- 1 ruler
- 2 folders